All of the radiologists and technologists at Ringgold County Hospital are state and board certified. Using specialized equipment, our highly trained professionals obtain pictures of the inside of your body so physicians can accurately diagnose your condition and determine the most effective plan of care. If you can name it, we can take a picture of it. Whether you need a routine mammogram, bone density scan, X-ray, CT scan, MRI or ultrasound of your internal organs, we have the technology and the expertise to accurately get the image required by your doctor.
Our goal is to help you get better faster, and we genuinely care about those we serve. We work with any medical team and offer digital image sharing so your physicians can collaborate to provide the best care. A permanent record of all images is created, and we can provide remote access to your images 24 hours a day.
- Basic diagnostic radiology (X-ray) – An image of your bones and internal organs that is most often used to detect bone or joint problems or to check the heart and lungs or abdomen
- CT scan – A multi-slice scanner used for everything from a brain tumor to an appendix—the same quality equipment found in larger communities
- DEXA – Standard for measuring bone mineral density, typically used to diagnose and monitor osteoporosis
- Fluoroscopy – Special procedures, such as upper and lower GI studies, are captured with live X-ray, called fluoroscopy
- 3D Mammography – The FDA-certified, digital mammography suite offers the best in breast cancer detection; breast biopsies are performed in conjunction with the surgery department
- Ultrasound – Images are captured in real time, showing the structure and movement of the body’s internal organs, as well as blood flowing through vessels
- Mobile nuclear medicine – Nuclear Sonics of Iowa provides weekly scanning to determine how parts of the anatomy like hearts, gall bladders or bones are functioning
- Mobile MRI – Shared Medical Services provides weekly MRIs for knee, neck and back injuries as well as strokes and other conditions