At Ringgold County Hospital, we take pride in maintaining the same standards and quality of care that you would find at any larger hospital. Our newly built surgical suites are well-equipped with state-of-the-art technology offering our patients the convenience of quality health care close to home.
Two surgical suites, one for major surgical procedures and one for minor surgical procedures, allows our team to provide a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient surgical care. Our surgeons specialize in general, laparoscopic, vascular, podiatric and ear, nose and throat surgery. We also offer orthopedic surgery including knee and hip replacement, knee and shoulder arthroscopy and fracture management and trauma care. The surgical team provides skilled care throughout all procedures including screening endoscopies and biopsies.
Our surgical suites are staffed by an experienced group of nurses who assist our surgeons, certified surgical technologists and certified operating room registered nurses, who demonstrate knowledge and skills that denote competency in the specialized field of preoperative nursing. All staff nurses are certified in advanced cardiac life support and several have trauma nursing certification as well. Anesthesia care and pain management services are provided by Melissa Friedrich, CRNA.
- Laparoscopic surgery – A minimally invasive surgery performed with a fiber-optic video device or lasers
- General surgery – Hernia repairs, gall bladders, appendectomies, colon surgery, tubal ligations, vasectomies, infusion port insertion, excision biopsies, laceration repair and incision and drainage
- Endoscopy – Diagnostic/preventative screening colonoscopies and EGDs
- ENT – Tubes in ears, deviated nasal septum correction and tonsillectomies/adenoidectomies
- Orthopedic procedures – Hip, knee and joint replacements, knee and shoulder arthroscopies, fracture management and carpal tunnel or trigger finger release
- Vascular surgery – Angiograms, angioplasty, stents, peripheral vascular bypass, deep vein thrombosis, varicose vein surgery, A-V fistula (for dialysis) and placement of vena cava filters or temporary dialysis catheters
- Infusions- antibiotic IV therapy, chemotherapy, other infusions, blood transfusions