Ringgold County Hospital is encouraging everyone who is interested in being vaccinated for COVID-19 to contact Ringgold County Public Health at 641-464-0691. Public Health is currently compiling contact information for individuals aged 65 years and older, OR the following populations vulnerable to high risk of exposure or severity of illness:
- Individuals with disabilities living in home settings whom are dependent on attendant care staff, and their attendant care staff, if not otherwise vaccinated under Phase 1a.
- Correctional facility staff and individuals incarcerated, including state and city or county operated facilities.
- Staff of and individuals living in congregate settings, not covered by the first two bullets, including shelters, sober living homes, behavioral health treatment centers, and detention centers. College dormitories shall not be included as part of Phase 1B.
- Where public health data indicates outbreaks or clusters of disease among food, agriculture, distribution and manufacturing workers whom work in or live in congregate settings that do not allow for social distancing. For example, working in a meatpacking or manufacturing production line or migrant workers whom live in bunkroom style housing.
- PK-12 school staff, early childhood education, and childcare workers. Sub-prioritization should consider persons who work with younger and at-risk children in care, to better ensure child-wellbeing and mitigate impact to parent workforce.
- First responders (e.g., firefighters, police officers, and dependent adult abuse and child welfare social workers).
Inspectors responsible for health, life and safety, including those in hospital and long-term care settings, child, and food production safety.
- Government officials, including staff, to ensure continuity of government, engaged in state business at the Iowa Capitol during the legislative session
Please call Ringgold County Public Health at 641-464-0691 if you fall under one of the groups above and are interested in receiving vaccine, once available.